Fire Story

In the early hours of the morning of March 9, 2015 The Turfhall Cheshire Home for the Physically Disabled Charity Shop in Penlyn Estate was found in flames. The fire was caused by an electrical shortage in wires and luckily nobody was hurt. Personnel working at the home were alerted about the fire by the local neighbourhood watch.

The contents of the shop included fridges, stoves, microwaves, double bunks, washing machines, a cash register and other appliances which were all destroyed. Due to the fire approximately R59000 in income was lost.

Turfhall Cheshire home has started reconstruction in the hope of opening the doors of the charity shop again. The Home would like to appeal to members of the public, who are able to, help out and donate working appliances, goods or making financial pledges to assist in getting the shop up and running again.

Comments are closed